Cold winter for the use of heavy equipment puts forward higher requirements and challenges. In order to ensure the normal operation and prolong the service life of heavy equipment, the following are the precautions for using heavy equipment in winter:
1. Prevent freezing of the cooling system: In cold winter, the water in the cooling system may freeze, resulting in the machine not functioning properly. Therefore, make sure the concentration of coolant in the cooling system is high enough to prevent freezing from occurring. Also, regularly check the water pipes and pumps in the cooling system for leaks and keep the system sealed.
2. Keep the machine warm: Before using construction machinery, make sure that the engine and hydraulic system of the machine have been warmed up. At low temperatures, the machine’s lubricating and hydraulic oils will become more viscous, affecting the normal operation of the machine. This effect can be reduced by allowing the machine to run for a period of time to raise the temperature.
3. Regular lubricant and hydraulic oil changes: Cold winter temperatures accelerate the aging and solidification of lubricants and hydraulic oils, reducing their lubricating and flow properties. Therefore, it is very important to change the lubricant and hydraulic oil regularly to ensure the normal operation of the machine and protect the key components of the machine.
4. Pay attention to the use of batteries: Cold temperatures can reduce the power and performance of batteries, which may result in failure to start the machine. Before using the heavy equipment in winter, make sure the battery is fully charged and the electrode ends are clean. If the machine is parked outside for an extended period of time, consider using an insulated jacket or pad to protect the battery.
5. Remove snow and ice: When using heavy equipment in winter, snow and ice can prevent the machine from operating properly and increase the risk of accidents. Make sure to remove snow and ice from the machine and work area before using the machine. Also, clean the snow and ice from the machine regularly so that the operation and safety of the machine will not be affected.
6. Enhance care and maintenance: The harsh environment in winter causes faster wear and corrosion of heavy equipment. Therefore, it is very important to strengthen the maintenance and upkeep of the machine. Regularly check and clean the key parts of the machine, and replace worn parts in time to extend the service life of the machine.
In conclusion, using heavy equipment in winter requires special attention to care and maintenance. By preventing the cooling system from freezing, keeping the machine warm, changing the lubricating oil and hydraulic oil regularly, paying attention to the use of batteries, removing snow and ice, and strengthening maintenance and repair, you can ensure the normal operation and safety of construction machinery in winter.